Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb large shrimp, in shells fresh or thawed frozen
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, from concentrate
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup red bell peppers or 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp.
- Place shrimp in medium-sized deep bowl.
- For marinade, combine Lemon juice, chopped dill, oil, garlic, salt and black pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over shrimp.
- Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes or in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook zucchini in small amount of boiling water in small covered saucepan 2 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Thread shrimp, zucchini and bell pepper on 8 metal skewers.
- Grill kabobs on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, turning once and brushing occasionally with some marinade during first half of cooking.
- Or, broil on unheated rack of broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and brushing occasionally with some marinade during the first half of cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Garnish with fresh dill sprigs if desired.
very very good! I just skewered the shrimp (no veggies) and cooked it on
my George Foreman grill for about 6 minutes total.