Marinated Shrimp Kabobs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large shrimp, in their shell
- 15 1⁄4 ounces canned pineapple chunks, undrained
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 medium size green pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- hot cooked rice
- 4 long wooden skewers (or metal)
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Drain the pineapple reserving 1/4 cup of juice. Combine the pineapple juice, the salad dressing, tomato sauce, sugar and mustard in a shallow dish. Mix well. Add the shrimp, tossing gently to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternate shrimp, pineapple and green pepper on 4 skewers. Grill over medium hot coals 3-4 minutes on each side or until done, basting with the marinade.
- Heat the reserved marinade and place it in a bowl for serving.
- Serve over rice with hot marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!