Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A change from the usual vinegar cucumbers. A great combination of sweet and tart. Cucumbers will "juice" as they chill.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small white onions or 1⁄2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice (realemon)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cucumbers and onion in a bowl.
- Combine rest of the ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Stir well.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Chill for 4 hours.
Simple and cool and not heavy like some creamy cucumber salads. I used fresh lemon juice, which I recommend over the bottled. This is fantastic as a crisp, cool snack or side dish. Ideal for summer garden cukes. Thanx for sharing!
This is very good switch from the usual cucumber salad. I added tomatoes, onions and hungarian was pepper. Very good.
Yummy. You're right, jp. I've made the vinegar recipe often. This is a nice change. For our tastes, it was a little too sweet. Will decrease the sugar down to 1 Tbsp. A good healthy recipe, easy to prepare, great taste, what more could you want. Thnx for posting, jp.