This delicious and healthy chicken soup has a tangy bonus: lemon juice. It's also very easy to put together and makes a big batch. I like to freeze in individual containers for a quick lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chopped boneless skinless chicken breast (raw or cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped fresh Baby Spinach
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the carrots, celery and onion in the olive oil for about 7 minutes. Add chicken broth, chicken, quinoa, lemon juice and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is tender, 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until tender.