Recipe by Kim1
Thesse are a wonder and refreshing bar.
Top Review by Lutie
The crust was terrific!!!I made this for the Ladies Sunday School Class; was not pleased with the filling's taste. The size of cream cheese was not revealed (I used 8 ounces) and the filling could have used some sweetener (sugar or sweetened condensed milk). Many of the ladies agreed with me. I added lemon extract to the glaze as the overall taste was lacking something ... just cannot put my finger on it! Next time, I will add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar to the filling and the lemon extract to the glaze (which I will double the amount of glaze, too).
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 236.59 ml coconut, angel flake
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- For bars, mix flour, sugar and oats; cut in butter.
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased.
- 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, juice and rind in bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- in coconut.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, cool, then cut into bars.
- Glaze by blending together the icing sugar and milk.
- Using a teaspoon,.
- drizzle glaze over each bar.