Prep1 hr 15 mins
This kosher for Passover recipe comes courtesy of Norene Gilletz and was printed in the Canadian Jewish News.
- In a medium bowl, soak dried apricots in warm water to cover until plump, about 1 hour. Drain well, and set aside.
- In another bowl, soak prunes in 1 cup warm water to cover until plump, about 1/2 an hour. Do not drain (you need to add the soaking water to the batter along with the prunes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well blended.
- Add matzah meal and potato starch; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add oil, apples, and prunes, along with their soaking water; mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Pour honey evenly into the bottom of the baking dish, then arrange the drained apricots in the honey.
- Pour the batter over, and bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn upside down down on a serving platter while still warm. Can be served warm or cold.