Kosher Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 2 2 lbs beef or 2 lbs veal
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste (don't add salt to Kosher beef or veal)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup club soda (approximately) or 1/3 cup water (approximately)
- 1⁄2 cup bread, crumbs or 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey garlic sauce (can use storebought or below recipe)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
Honey garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Combine all the ingredients for the meat mixture. Wet your hands lightly, and shape into small meatballs. Arrange them on the baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, until firm.
- For the honey garlic sauce, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the honey garlic sauce in a large pot. Dissolve the cornstarch in the orange juice, and stir into the simmering sauce. Add the red pepper flakes and sesame oil. When the sauce is thickened, add the meatballs. Simmer partly covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes about 5 dozen meatballs (depending upon the size you make them).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!