Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (Mix with a little of the beef stock prior to adding to the sauce)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, then mix in the beef.
- Roll by rounded tablespoonfuls into balls and place on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven until no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, whisk the beef stock, garlic, honey, diluted flour and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook, whisking, over medium heat until thickened, 2 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and any accumulated juices to the pan, stirring to coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>