Roasted Garlic Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 heads roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine ground veal, ground pork, and ground beef. Add eggs, parsley, garlic, cheese, bread crumbs, black pepper cayenne pepper, and salt; mix well.
- Shape into meatballs (golf ball size).
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes until done, turning once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This made up into really moist and quite tasty meatballs. The roasted garlic really shone through. I made mine golf ball size and got 8 out of a quarter mixture. I personally think the cayenne was an off flavour in these and would try either fennel seeds or nutmeg for preference. I think the meatballs would then be good served with a creamy gravy. I used a mix of beef and pork.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>