Kittencal's Honey-Garlic Glazed Meatballs
photo by Fiddler
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb prepared small meatballs (fully cooked, or use as many meatballs as desired)
- cooked white rice (use as much as desired)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 cup canned chicken broth (room temperature or cold)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- In a bowl whisk together chicken broth with cornstarch until no lumps remain.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar; mix to combine; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in fresh garlic and chili flakes; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broth mixture with 1/2 cup honey; bring to a simmer stirring continuously until bubbly and thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and add in cooked meatballs, simmer until heated through.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I do not recommend the red pepper flakes being optional, I think they should be required in order to balance the sweetness. I followed the recipe exactly using frozen meatballs, and with a full 1lb of meatballs there was plenty of sauce to go around. I will make this again in the crockpot for cocktail meatballs as I found it much tastier than the chili sauce/grape jelly recipes.....
These were great! I wound up leaving the crushed red pepper flakes out, so I'm looking forward to trying it with the peppers next time. Even though I love anything spicy, my three year old son won't eat them yet. I added sesame seeds and served them on a bed of steamed jasmine rice along side some stir-fried veggies & noodles. I have a freezer full of meatballs so I've been scouring this site to figure out what to do with them. This has been my favorite recipe so far!