This is another way we like to use leftover beef pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and gravy. The onion and cabbage start out raw. Plan your pot roast meal to have extra veggies for this. There is a lot of dicing, so when I was still working I use to dice it up the night before then it was faster when I came home from a long day. Buy shredded cabbage. Pepper and worcestershire sauce really depends upon how your gravy tastes. Top with eggs that you have either poached or fried, I have not included directions for how to fix eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups beef roast, cooked minced
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked diced
- 2 cups carrots, cooked diced
- 1 1/4 cups beef gravy
- 1/4 cup beef broth (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed (optional)
- 1/4 pepper (to taste)
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- parsley, minced
- 4 -6 eggs (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, stir in cabbage, thyme, and onion, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 2Stir in rest of ingredients, keep burner at medium.
- 3Press mixture with spatula or put smaller heavy lid on top of, cook 8 minutes or until bottom browns.
- 4Add small amounts of beef broth IF it looks too dry.
- 5Start fixing your eggs-either poach or fry.
- 6Turn over in sections; and it won't be neat-but that is okay- cook for about 8 more minutes, or until bottom browns.
- 7Plate, sprinkle on parsley.
- 8Top each portion with 1 egg.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Pot Roast Hash
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 651.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 61.3 g