Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great way to use up leftover cooked ham, since this makes two meat loaves you can freeze one uncooked, just omit the chili sauce and bacon on top, thaw in refrigerator overnight, top with tomato sauce and bacon, then bake as directed.
Top Review by EMFSullivan
Made this in an effort to use up some of the Christmas ham. Not a big hit at our house. I wouldn't make this recipe again but it was certainly worth trying ... next time I will just grind up some of the ham and put it in my "regular" meatloaf recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked ham (can use more if desired)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopp
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs (use soft breadcrumbs only)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce or 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 -4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, to taste or 1 tablespoon white salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups chili sauce, divided
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare foil-lined 10 x 15-inch baking sheet, then place a rack in the pan.
- In a large bowl using clean hands mix together all the meatloaf ingredients.
- Shape into two 9x5-inch loaves and place onto the rack in the baking sheet, or just cook one and freeze the other for another meal.
- Pour about 1 cup chili sauce onto each top of loaf, then place 2-3 bacon slices over the top lengthwise.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.