Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great meal in one dish. I have made this in advance, added buttered crumbs and reheated in a 350F the oven for 25 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups ham, cubed
- 8 small potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion & cabbage in the melted butter, stir fry until translucent.
- Add potatoes, garlic, wine salt & pepper, stir.
- Add parsley & ham, mix well, cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
This tasted great! It was very easy to prepare and everyone liked it alot. I am sure I will be asked to fix it again.
Looking for a way to use up leftover Easter Ham from the freezer and came across this recipe, sure glad I did, very flavourful!!! Made half a recipe for the two of us. Just happened to have half a cabbage waiting to be used and some lovely little new potatoes. I used becel margarine and fresh parsley, the white wine gave it a lovely tang; turned out just great. DH loved it; me too and i will remember it next time I have left over ham. Thanks Bergy for another super keeper!!
This was definitely a great and tasty way to use leftover ham! I added a dash of red pepper flakes, just to fit our tastes but it really didn't need it. Thanks Bergy!