Leek Quiche With Thyme and Lavender
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line shell with parchament paper and add 1/2 pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes then remove weights/beans and reduce heat to 325F and bake 8 minutes longer or until bottom is dry.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cheese over bottom of crust and bake 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Remove and cool.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet until foaming subsides. Add the leeks and saute for 5 minutes stirring until they are soft. Add the thyme and aaute for two more minutes. Stir in wine. Reduce heat to med and cook stirring for about 3 minutes until the liquid is gone. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl combine the eggs,cream, lavender, cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Stir in cooled leek mixture. Pour filling into the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until top has just set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.