- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups chopped leeks, cleaned, white and light green parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can use white wine
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot and saute the chopped leeks, celery, onion, and garlic in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken broth, apple juice, salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, blend using an immersion blender/blender/food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and heavy cream and blend thoroughly.
- Bring back to a light simmer before serving.