Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love leeks, try this!
Make and share this Leek Onion Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups chopped leeks, cleaned, white and light green parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can use white wine
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot and saute the chopped leeks, celery, onion, and garlic in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken broth, apple juice, salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, blend using an immersion blender/blender/food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and heavy cream and blend thoroughly.
- Bring back to a light simmer before serving.
I love leek soup and this one is so tasty and creamy. I used apple juice but I may try with white wine another time. I used a white onion (1 cup). Thanks Parsley :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
Great soup! I made as directed other than I reduced the recipe to 2 servings. I started out using an immersion blender - but ended up with soup all over the place, lol. So let it cool a little bit and then processed it in a mini food-processor. I left lots of chunks because I prefer a chunkier soup. Really nice flavor. Thanks Parsley for a nice treat. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
This bisque was delicate and flavorful. I followed the directions as given, though I added a bit more salt & pepper (personal preference). I served it with snipped chives on top. Our guests loved it, and so did I. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe.