Caithi Romeo's Note:
Beautiful presentation, always a crowd pleaser! It's a definite for a fabulous meal - brilliant with seared tuna steaks. A great little dish full of flavour, presentation and class.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green and just tender.
- 2Remove and plunge into cold water, drain well.
- 3Finely chop the white section of the leeks to give 1 cup.
- 4In a large pan, melt the butter, add white leeks and cook for 2 minutes or until soften, cool.
- 5Slice the green section lengthwise into long ribbon like leaves.
- 6Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until softened, then plunge into cold water, drain well.
- 7Combine with the Philly, salmon, rind, juice, horseradish, and seasonings in a large bowl until combined.
- 8Line an 11cm x 21cm loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 9Layer the leek ribbons across the pan ensuring they overlap by 1 cm.
- 10Spoon half the Philly mixture evenly into the pan, top with the asparagus spears, then spoon in the remaining Philly.
- 11Fold the leek ends over the filling to enclose, trim if necessary.
- 12Chill until firm.
- 13Invert onto a serving plate.
- 14Serve sliced.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Asparagus, Smoked Salmon Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of