1/3 Photos of Leek and Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A twist on a traditional favorite . I like to serve this as one of my sides dishes at any holiday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups grated Fontina cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 lb leek, light green and white parts only chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease well a 2-1/2 quart casserole or baking dish (I use cooking spray).
- 2Set aside 1/2 cup of the fontina and 1/2 tablespoon each of the parsley and chives.
- 3In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks, salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- 5Whisk in half-and-half and bring to a boil. Cook for a minute or two until mixture thickens. Remove form heat and stir in the remaining parsley, chives, and cheese until the cheese is melted.
- 6Add potatoes to the sauce and stir until well coated. Transfer to casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is browned and melted and potatoes test for doneness, about 10 minutes. If the potatoes are not tender enough but the cheese is melted, cover with foil again and bake until potatoes are done.
- 7Sprinkle with reserved parsley and chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 349.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g