Blue Cheese & Rosemary Scalloped Potatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I can't remember where I found this recipe, I think Sunset magazine. Whatever the case, this is a wonderfully rich and yummy dish. It's the perfect side dish for a good steak or roast.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled & sliced 1/4 " thick
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9x13 baking dish.
- Toss sliced potatoes with 2 tsp salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Toss cheeses together.
- (Feel free to use more than 3/4 cup of each- I do!) Layer half the potatoes in the dish and sprinkle with half the cheese then top with remaining potatoes.
- Whisk together sour cream, cream and 1 tsp salt.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes.
- Tap dish on counter to settle ingredients and pop any air bubbles.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for one hour and fifteen minutes or until browned and tender.
- Note: This dish should be prepared and baked the same day.
- Do not refrigerate overnight.
- Trust me.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more