Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you enjoy Tex-Mex this is Incredible! I make this often for family get-togethers, as everyone loves and requests this.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 taco seasoning, Package of McCormick original taco flavor
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup onions or 1 cup sliced green onion
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 4 cups lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large skillet cook meat until brown. Drain fat. Stir in water, taco seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or to desired consistency; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and onion.
- Place 6 tortillas in prepared pan. Top with half of the meat and dollop with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
I have made this a few time and we love it. I add some rotell to the meat mixture and use raw tortillas to eliminate the mushyness.
This was just OK for me...turned out kindof mushy and blah.