Recipe by Barb Witherspoon
Tastes like lasagne but uses Mafalda, also known as "mini lasagne." Great dish to assemble ahead of time, pop in the oven when ready to serve. Good for potlucks. Recipe came from the San Giorgio Mafalda box.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 28 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces mafalda pasta, uncooked
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat browns; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- In 9x13x2 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
- Evenly layer one-half pasta over sauce.
- Spread ricotta mixture over pasta; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers of meat sauce and pasta.
- Spread remaining meat sauce over pasta, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.