Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tastes like lasagne but uses Mafalda, also known as "mini lasagne." Great dish to assemble ahead of time, pop in the oven when ready to serve. Good for potlucks. Recipe came from the San Giorgio Mafalda box.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat browns; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- In 9x13x2 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
- Evenly layer one-half pasta over sauce.
- Spread ricotta mixture over pasta; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers of meat sauce and pasta.
- Spread remaining meat sauce over pasta, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This was really easy to assemble, but we didn't think it had enough sauce - was a little on the dry side - will try this again but will definitely use more sauce.
This was excellent! I actually made this tonight, from the back of the box recipe and came here to post it and saw you already had done so. I made a few adaptions: only had 2 cups part-skim ricotta but I used that plus another 1 1/2 cups of shredded Italian blend shredded cheese blend to the ricotta/egg/seasoning mix. Used 1 jar of Delgrasso brand Meat Flavored sauce and about 1/4 a jar of Delgrasso Marinara sauce, which I had leftover in fridge. Used shredded Parmesan instead of grated and Italian Seasoning because I am out of dried parsley. I also cooked the pasta only for 6 minutes al dente, because it was being baked and the noodles came out great in the end result. It was well recieved here; my 11 y/o had 2 huge helpings himself and asked if he could have leftovers tomorrow night. Thanks for posting!