Barb Witherspoon's Note:
Tastes like lasagne but uses Mafalda, also known as "mini lasagne." Great dish to assemble ahead of time, pop in the oven when ready to serve. Good for potlucks. Recipe came from the San Giorgio Mafalda box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat browns; drain.
- 3Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 6In large bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- 7In 9x13x2 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
- 8Evenly layer one-half pasta over sauce.
- 9Spread ricotta mixture over pasta; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 10Repeat layers of meat sauce and pasta.
- 11Spread remaining meat sauce over pasta, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 13Cover with foil.
- 14Bake 30 minutes.
- 15Remove foil; bake 5 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Mini Lasagne Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 547.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.0 g