Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
When this was served at an office party, my husband immediately got the recipe so I could fix it at home. Makes a great appetizer when we have friends over to grill but also have used it as a side dish (usually with burgers) and taken it to parties and potluck suppers. You can serve this right after assembling it, or you can make it ahead of time and serve it chilled.
- Mix sour cream, mayo and seasoning together; set aside.
- Mix vegetables together; set aside.
- Warm beans (fat-free can be used), spread in an approximately 11x7-inch serving/baking dish. (The original recipe said to warm them. It seems to make them easier to spread, but if I'm going to refrigerate the dip before serving it, I don't bother heating the beans.).
- Layer half the cheese on top. Follow with a layer of salsa, a layer of sour cream mixture and a layer of vegetable. Top with remaining cheese.
- Serve with corn chips (scoops size) or tortilla chips.
This was really good. I brought this to our bible study group and everyone loved it. I did add a layer of guacomole and might add some lettuce next time. Thanks!!
I searched for a layered bean dip recipe for the soul purpose of taking one easy, covered tupperware dish out on our new boat. This recipe is fantastic and so easy!! I layer it in a large container the night before, pop it in the fridge and the next morning throw it in a cooler with a bag of tortilla chips for our day on the lake!! Everyone loved it! The only thing I did differently was add a can of black beans to the mix because we love black beans. Very yummy and went very fast. Thank you!
I made this for a wedding shower & everyone loved it! I left out the tomatoes and scallions but otherwise followed exactly. Easy & yummy -- thanks for sharing!