Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I got this from a friend. She told me she found it on a Kraft recipe site. All I know it that we liked it. It fit our family tastes quite well and I made it for a family get-together. I brought home empty dish! You could add other layers to suit your family's tastes and it would adapt quite well to that. The cook time of 3 hours or overnight is for the chilling time before serving. Overnight is best if you can do it.
- 2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 cups peas, cooked and chilled (I used frozen, cooked them and chilled them)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (5 ounce) cans white chicken meat packed in water
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Miracle Whip (I used lite)
- 1 cup sour cream (also used lite)
- 1 cup dill pickle, chopped (I used Nalley Crunchy Garlic Dills)
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, from the jar pickles
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces red onions, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice and peas.
- In 3 1/2 quart clear glass salad bowl, layer as follows: lettuce, peas and rice mixture, 1/2 of the dressing, chopped hard boiled egg, tomatoes, chicken, cucumbers, remaining dressing.
- Cover and chill for several hours but overnight is best.