Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These brownies do take some time to make but they are worth it! Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
OMG these brownies are just amazing! They are so rich and fudgey and the vanilla cream and choclate glaze layers just puts it straight over the top. You get alot of brownies from this recipe, and I even cut them larger than stated, so find some friends to share them with or you'll so be tempted to eat them all yourself! Thanks for sharing, this one's a definite keeper :) Made this for PAC 2007.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Vanilla Cream Topping
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Add sugar and eggs, stirring until blended. Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Pour into a lightly greased, aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Spread cooled brownies with Vanilla Cream Topping; chill 45 minutes. Pour Brownie Glaze over Vanilla Cream Topping, and spread evenly. Chill 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Vanilla Cream Topping: Stir together butter, sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla until smooth.
- Brownie Glaze: Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a 1-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.