Layered Chocolate Mint Brownies (Creme De Minth Bars)
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, plus
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- green food coloring (optional)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray (I think the kind with flour works best).
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Add sugar and beat by hand until well blended.
- Add eggs, flour, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then move pan to freezer.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, peppermint extract, evaporated milk and food coloring.
- In a separate bowl or saucepan, melt the 6 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Remove brownies from freezer. Spread mint filling over frozen brownies evenly.
- Immediately pour chocolate over filling. Tip pan to coat evenly. Let set 15 minutes.
- Cut into small squares.
- Store bars in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!