- 4 cups whole milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon pulverized dried lavender
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Add milk to a medium saucepan; add in the lavender; set over medium heat and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and steep for 5-8 minutes, or longer for a stronger lavender flavor.
- Return saucepan to heat; whisk in the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt; remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Divide among 4 Irish coffee glasses, straining out the lavender if desired.