Recipe by SweetySJD
This is so good! There's no pasta but it's still just as satisfying as if there were. The original recipe didn't have meat so feel free to omit the turkey. If you have leftovers scoop them out of the squash shells into another container, the shells don't keep well.
Top Review by foodcurious
It was great. My husband wasn't into it (hates squash), but I ate the whole thing. It's great hot, warm, or cold. Thanks for sharing! Although, I omitted the olives... I may try it that way next time.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise & seeded
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Spray a saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat cook turkey with onion and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, bouillon and pepper. Cook 15 minutes, until medium thick.
- Remove squash strands with a fork, reserve shells.
- Layer each half with a spoonful of turkey mixture, a layer of squash strands, olives and mozzarella. Repeat layers until shells are full. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until parmesan melts.