1/1 Photo of Lasagna Style Spaghetti Squash
1 hr 30 mins
This is so good! There's no pasta but it's still just as satisfying as if there were. The original recipe didn't have meat so feel free to omit the turkey. If you have leftovers scoop them out of the squash shells into another container, the shells don't keep well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise & seeded
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- 2Spray a saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat cook turkey with onion and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Drain.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, basil, bouillon and pepper. Cook 15 minutes, until medium thick.
- 4Remove squash strands with a fork, reserve shells.
- 5Layer each half with a spoonful of turkey mixture, a layer of squash strands, olives and mozzarella. Repeat layers until shells are full. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until parmesan melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Style Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.3
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 1262.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes