Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious creamy soup that tastes like lasagna on a spoon! Cook in a slow cooker. I tried this soup at my niece's baby shower and it was amazing! I asked my SIL for the recipe - she's not sure of the original source, but I had to add it to food.com for easy, future reference.
- 6 cups ready-to-serve tomato basil soup (Campbell's soup recommended)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 -15 1⁄2 ounce white kidney beans, drained (cannellini beans)
- 7 ounces small shell pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish)
- Brown and drain the sausage. Add the tomato basil soup, sausage, diced tomatoes, and beans to a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir in pasta and parsley and cook for 1 more hour on high. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
The soup has a delicious taste and very easy to make. I've started this year with a new me and I'm counting calories. I counted everything that went into the soup. And even though the chart says 261.30 it that actually come out 340.54, which was very close and I was very pleased with that. It also has 12 servings instead of 10. I appreciate you sharing; thank you very much. I also included a photo.