Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Individual Lasagnas...kids love them! Least mine do. Time does not include standing time.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) canswhole plum Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Cook Noodles in boiling water 10-12 minutes til tender.
- Drain, rinse in cool water and repeat.
- In large skillet heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook til tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, paste, water 2 TBS parsley, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- In large bowl stir together ricotta, 1/2 of mozzarella, the parmesan, eggs and remaining parsley.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lay out noodles on a piece of wax paper or foil.
- Spread each with about 1/2 cup of cheese mixture.
- Roll each noodle up starting with the short side.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce into a 3 qt baking dish 13x9.
- Place noodle rolls"seam" side down in the sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more til cheese melts.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
LAURIE, these were great! We love lasagna and it was a nice change of pace to have our own individual ones. My kids really enjoyed them. I used home-canned tomatoes, but everything else as listed. Thanks for posting!