Serve as an appetizer or as a different kind of lasagna main dish.
Make and share this Lasagna Roll Ups recipe from Food.com.
- Cook lasagna according to package and drain.
- In medium bowl, blend Ricotta, eggs, spinach, Mozzarella cheese, basil and marjoram.
- Spread evenly on lasagna strips.
- Cut strips in half crosswise.
- Roll strips jelly-roll style.
- Cut each roll in half, leaving ruffled edge at top and bottom.
- In 10x15 inch baking dish spread 3/4ths of sauce.
- Arrange roll ups (curly edges up) on sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until hot.
- Can be frozen for later baking.
This was just what I was looking for to solve a meatless weeknight dinner dilemma! We loved this fresh tasting, flavor-packed, colorful lasagna dish! I only had 7 lasagna noodles, but oh well. I made the same amount of ricotta-mozzarella filling (but I subbed cottage cheese, which I whirled slightly with my handy stick blender to make it smooth). I also added salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg to the cheese filling. My tips for anyone making this great dish: (1) The amount of filling as specified would fill 9 lasagna noodles just about perfectly (2) Remove cooked lasagna noodles from the pot with tongs; layer the noodles on a large plate and spray nonstick spray between layers (3) when ready to assemble the rolls, lay the cooked noodles on a cookie sheet while spreading the sauce and rolling them up. You'll have a better eye for how much cheese filling to use on each noodle if you can see all of them at once, and it saves a bit of mess. All that said, we thought this dish was grand! Thanks for posting! (Oh, one last tip...I did not cut the rolls in half per the directions; one whole roll was plenty for one person.) We loved this recipe!!!