Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We modified a recipe we found online and really enjoyed the results.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups freshly ground breadcrumbs (Italian bread)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt (11/2 tsp kosher)
- pepper (approx. 10 grinds)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into balls and pan fry in olive oil.
- Do not overcook.
- Meatballs finish cooking in sauce.
These were great. We finally recaptured the consistency of my Gramma's meatballs-firm, not hard, juicy. One note-make sure the celery and onions are chopped VERY finely. There's no reason you can't take all this mixture and put it in a loaf pan for a delicious meatloaf.