Recipe by Fairy Nuff
A lovely sweet and spicy casserole from Morocco. Cook time doesn't include marinating time.
Top Review by Lambkyns
Excellent! Did not use any salt (my personal preference) and it was still very tasty. Loved the combination of spices and fruit/nuts. Will be making this again. Thanks Fairy Nuff!
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg diced lamb
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 250 g pitted prunes
- 1⁄2 cup whole blanched almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all the spices, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl and mix to form a paste.
- Coat the lamb with the paste, cover and refrigerate overnight (or minimum 4 hours).
- Heat a large pan on high, add lamb in batches and cook for 3-5 minutes or until well browned. Place browned lamb in a large casserole dish.
- Pour the stock over lamb. Bake, covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the prunes and almonds and bake uncovered for another hour, or until lamb is tender.
- Serve with couscous.