Recipe by YnkyGrlDwndr
I haven't tried this yet. From Sunbeam Slow Cooker Recipe Booklet.
Top Review by woodland hues
An excellent, excellent preparation for our lamb leg. It was bone-in, about 1 3/4 kg and I used 7 1/2 hrs at low. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender. The butter beans were a great complement to the dish. Thanks for posting, mariahswind!
- 1 1⁄2 kg boneless lamb roast, easy carve
- 1 -2 garlic clove, slivered
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a very sharp knife make small incisions all over the roast, stuffing each with a sliver of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Heat oil in large fry pan, cook lamb on all sides until browned. Remove and transfer to slow cooker.
- In the same pan, add butter and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes or until transparent, place in slow cooker along with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low 6-8 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve slices of lamb with beans and parsley sauce.