Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Roast
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 1hr 33mins
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C . Place a rack in a baking dish.
- Using a sharp, pointy knife make slits all over the lamb. Mix the garlic and rosemary together, then press mix into the slits.
- Move lamb onto rack. Mix the lemon juice and honey together and use this to brush over the lamb.
- Pour the stock and the wine into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes (for rare) or until lamb is cooked as required.
- Cover the dish loosely with aluminium foil and allow to rest for approx 10 minutes before carving.
- Drizzle with pan juices to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful recipe for our 3 1'2 lb. boneless leg of lamb. I rubbed the meat 24 hours in advance, so it was full of flavor. The timing was just right (350' for 1/1/2 hours), As mentoned by previous reviewers, the honey tends to burn, so next time I would do the glaze toward the end of cooking time. Thank you Auntchelle.
The lamb was very flavorful. We will definitely use this recipe again. It tasted like we marinated it for a while but we just added the seasonings before cooking. We too had the burned mass at the bottom of the pan, so no gravy. We also had to add more stock as it dried out frequently. Either way, it was delicious!
We had this last night for dinner and was very flavourable and enjoyed. The left overs I am sure will be great sandwiches for lunch today. As we like our lamb well done (1.6K took just over 2 hours) we did not end up with any juice to pour over so I will do what I normally do in future and that is to put the lid on the roasting pan for the first hour and then remove it for the second (I normally put my lamb on a rack and put water in the base, I was looking forward to making a gravy but unfortunately all I had was a black burnt mass on the bottom of the pan - I think the honey did it). Thank you Mischka for a very tender moist piece of lamb that was well done. Made for Edition 2 Make My Recipe - A Game of Tag.
This is a great recipe! Easy directions and it made the meat taste scrumptious. I had a different cut of lamb so the cooking time was about an hour(!) more, but I will hold onto this technique and combo of spices. Anther great recipe by Mischka! (by the way, if you are from the U.S., we don't seem to have ground rosemary that I could find at the supermarket...I just used a coffee grinder to get the required consistency!)