Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lamb leg steak marinated in spiced red wine. Very good by itself or served with mint jelly.
Make and share this Lamb Leg Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lamb leg steak
- 1 cup chianti wine or 1 cup other red wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Mix marinade ingredients in a sealable bowl and place steaks into marinade.
- Marinate meat for 4+ hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove from marinade and brown in skillet over medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place in small oven-proof dish. Cover with a little more wine and any spices you feel necessary (I put on some more rosemary and thyme, plus more garlic).
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes for med-well, 15 minutes for more well done or until internal temp reads 170 degrees.
- Serve with mint jelly (or horseradish sauce).