4 hrs 30 mins
Lamb leg steak marinated in spiced red wine. Very good by itself or served with mint jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lamb leg steak
- 1 cup chianti wine or 1 cup other red wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1Mix marinade ingredients in a sealable bowl and place steaks into marinade.
- 2Marinate meat for 4+ hours in refrigerator.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Remove from marinade and brown in skillet over medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 5Remove from skillet and place in small oven-proof dish. Cover with a little more wine and any spices you feel necessary (I put on some more rosemary and thyme, plus more garlic).
- 6Bake in oven for 10 minutes for med-well, 15 minutes for more well done or until internal temp reads 170 degrees.
- 7Serve with mint jelly (or horseradish sauce).
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Leg Steak
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.8
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 42.1 g