Vietnamese Grilled Steak Tacos #A1
photo by michaeljwatz
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Asian pear, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided use
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup seedless European cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup avocado, peeled and medium diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup citrus ranch dressing
- 12 fresh cilantro stems
- 12 fresh mint sprigs
- 12 lime wedges
- Place the garlic, half of the green onions, ginger, A.1. Sauce, soy sauce, mirin, lemongrass, cilantro, mint, sugar, sesame oil, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and red pepper flakes into a food processor and puree until the marinade is smooth.
- Place the flank steak into a shallow pan and pour the marinade over the meat. Turn the flank steak in the marinade to evenly coat. Cover the pan with saram wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a BBQ charcoal grill and let the briquettes burn down until covered in ash. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with absorbent paper towels. Generously spray the grill grates with nonstick vegetable cooking oil. Place the flank steak onto the grill, season with the remaing kosher salt and black pepper. Cook the flank steak for 6 minutes on each side or until the steak is cooked medium rare. Generously brush the flank steak with the marinade while grilling. Remove the meat from the grill and reserve in a warm area for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining green onions, with the cucumbers, spinach, tomato halves, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Place the salad in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Using a serrated edged knife diagonally slice the meat into thin strips; evenly arrange the steak strips onto each tortilla. Place 2 tortillas in the center of 6 decorative serving platters. Using a slotted spoon attractively place the salad over the meat on each tortilla. Evenly garnish each tortilla with diced avocadoes.
- Using a squirt bottle decoratively drizzle the Citrus Rosemary Dressing over the top of each taco, garnish each plate with sprigs of cilantro, mint and a lime wedge.
- Citrus Ranch Dressing 2 cups.
- 2 cups Ranch Dressing, bottled 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary minced 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped 1 Tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated 1 teaspoon Worstershire sauce 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir using a whisk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!