Recipe by jd_2077
Lamb leg steak marinated in spiced red wine. Very good by itself or served with mint jelly.
- 1 lb lamb leg steak
- 1 cup chianti wine or 1 cup other red wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients in a sealable bowl and place steaks into marinade.
- Marinate meat for 4+ hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove from marinade and brown in skillet over medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place in small oven-proof dish. Cover with a little more wine and any spices you feel necessary (I put on some more rosemary and thyme, plus more garlic).
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes for med-well, 15 minutes for more well done or until internal temp reads 170 degrees.
- Serve with mint jelly (or horseradish sauce).