Recipe by Debbwl
Saw this in Real Simple magazine and it looked and sounded so good. The cook time on the lima beans looks a little off as my frozen beans usually take more then 3 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless lamb, top round steak cut into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lb frozen baby lima bean
- 1⁄4 cup feta, cumbled
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer half the vinaigrette to another medium bowl, add the lamb, and toss to coat.
- Heat broiler. Thread the lamb, lemon, and onion onto the skewers and place on a boilerproof baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and add the bowl with the remaining vinaigrett. Add the feta, olives, and mint and toss to combine. Serve with the kebabs.