Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this in Real Simple magazine and it looked and sounded so good. The cook time on the lima beans looks a little off as my frozen beans usually take more then 3 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless lamb, top round steak cut into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lb frozen baby lima bean
- 1⁄4 cup feta, cumbled
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer half the vinaigrette to another medium bowl, add the lamb, and toss to coat.
- Heat broiler. Thread the lamb, lemon, and onion onto the skewers and place on a boilerproof baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and add the bowl with the remaining vinaigrett. Add the feta, olives, and mint and toss to combine. Serve with the kebabs.
Very good and easy. Hubby dosen't usually like lima beans, he ate a huge portion of these ones!