Saw this in Real Simple magazine and it looked and sounded so good. The cook time on the lima beans looks a little off as my frozen beans usually take more then 3 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 lb boneless lamb, top round steak cut into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lb frozen baby lima bean
- 1/4 cup feta, cumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer half the vinaigrette to another medium bowl, add the lamb, and toss to coat.
- 3Heat broiler. Thread the lamb, lemon, and onion onto the skewers and place on a boilerproof baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 4Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and add the bowl with the remaining vinaigrett. Add the feta, olives, and mint and toss to combine. Serve with the kebabs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Kebabs With Lima Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 2226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 33.6 g