Recipe by commercesd
This is a copycat recipe of the well-known rival of American Coney hot dog chili in Detroit, MI. http://mybestcookbook.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/copycat-lafayette-coney-island-sauce/
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 ounces chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 ounces V8 vegetable juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Add ground. Cook until no longer pink. Use potato masher to break it up into fine pieces.
- Put all other ingredients into bowl to mix or use a blender for a few seconds.
- Add ingredients to meat. Heat until bubbling and thickened.
- Mash the ingredients to incorporate into a light puree.
- Serve with inside and out grilled or toasted bun, boiled and grilled natural casing hotdog and chopped raw onion and yellow mustard.