1/3 Photos of La Madeleine's Country Potato Soup (Copycat)
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Executive Chef Remy Schaal of la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe. Founded in Dallas in 1983, la Madeleine has many neighborhood cafes and bakeries in five states and Washington, D.C. Excellent potato soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, add butter, leeks and onions, and cook.
- 2(Do not brown vegetables.) Add chicken stock, potatoes, salt and fresh thyme.
- 3Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- 4Add cream, bring to a boil and serve hot.
- 5Garnish with Cheddar cheese and diced bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for La Madeleine's Country Potato Soup (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 467.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: