Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 medium carrots, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, walnut-sized,peeled and smashed (or to taste)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock (or homemade)
- 3 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper
- Sauté the carrots, onions, celery and ginger in the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and again bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree, then strain it back into the saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Join The Conversation