Prep 8 hrs
Cook 18 mins
Marinade, also, great on pork. From Week of Menus.
- 1⁄4 cup korean chili paste (gochujahng)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons sake
- 1⁄2 cup onion, pureed (done in a mini prep chopper is perfect)
- 3 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- green onion, sliced thin (to garnish)
- In a large bowl mix together first 8 ingredients. Make sure that the sugar is well incorporatd in the marinade. Place chicken in a plastic zip-lock bag. Pour over the marinade, squeeze out air and seal tightly. Massage bag so the marinade thoroughly covers each chicken piece. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill. The chicken cooks better over lower heat than higher heat as the higher sugar content of the marinade lends itself to burning. Cook for about 7-9 minutes per side over lower heat.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.