Spicy Korean Fried Chicken
photo by ducky007
- Ready In:
- 600 g chicken thighs (cut into bite size)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- canola oil (to fry)
- 4 tablespoons red chili paste (gochujang miso)
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons ground red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place them in a bowl and with 2 tablespoons of garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well and rest for 30 minutes.
- 2) Beat the egg and coat the chicken pieces with the egg.
- 3) Mix flour and potato starch 1:1 and lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to coat.
- 4) Heat the oil high and deep-fry the chicken till golden brown.
- 5) In another pan heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and the Gochujang sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- 6) Sauté finely chopped onion in the pan till brown and then add the Gochujang sauce and heat until it bubbles.
- 7) When the sauce shimmers, put in the fried chicken pieces and toss with the sauce until evenly coated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!