Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Plan ahead the salmon mixture needs to be chilled for 2 hours before shaping, this also work using cooked leftover fresh salmon --- for the very best flavor do not use all pink salmon use all red or half red and pink --- I have this yielding for 12 patties that amount is only a guideline it wil depend on the size you make the patties you may make them any size desired, if you have a large family to feed using one more can of salmon won't hurt --- these are just as delicious eaten cold in fact my family prefers them cold :)
- 4 (7 ounce) cans red salmon, well drained (soft bones removed or left in, or use half red and pink salmon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional but good to add in)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, can use white salt)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (such as Ritz crackers, more if needed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- all-purpose flour (as needed)
- oil (for frying)
- Drain the 4 cans salmon well and place in a large bowl; flake with a fork.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the flour and oil; mix to combine (if the mixture is very moist add in more cracker crumbs using only enough to hold together).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Shape into desired size patties.
- Place about 1/2 cup flour into a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Carefully coat each patty in the flour, then place the coated patties onto a large plate (have all the patties coated before starting to fry).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the patties about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
I love salmon cakes! They always bring me back to my childhood -- and that's a good thing! I thought about cutting the recipe in half but decided against it. I made all the patties and froze half of them for another day. We had these with Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Absolutely delicious! Thanks Kitt! Another recipe to go into make this often file! Made in Honor of Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
Wonderful flavor! I loved these tasty little cakes! Thanks, Kitten! I can always count on your recipes to be great.
This is one of the better salmon pattie recipes I have tried.