Regular sliced sandwich bread is not recommended for this try to use French or even Italian bread and make certain that it is a day old, the sugar amount may be adjusted to suit taste --- served sprinkled with powdered sugar and maple or pancake syrup :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups commercial store-bought eggnog (store-bought eggnog is recommended)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can increase to 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust amount to taste) (optional)
- 12 slices day-old French bread
- confectioners' sugar
- pancake syrup (of choice)
- 1In a bowl whisk together the eggs with eggnog, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar until very well blended (you may need to whisk vigorously to incorporate the spices) transfer to a shallow dish (I use my 8 x 8-inch baking pan for this).
- 2Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Dip one slice of bread at a time into the egg mixture making certain that the slices are thoroughly coated.
- 4Place onto hot skillet and cook until lightly browned on each side.
- 5Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Eggnog French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 837.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g