Overnight Eggnog French Toast
- Ready In:
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half or 3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- powdered sugar
- Grease two 15x10 inch baking pans.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, half-and-half, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and rum extract.
- Beat until well blended Arrange bread slices in greased baking pans.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread in the pans.
- Lift and move bread slices until all egg mixture is absorbed.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or freeze up to 1 week.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove pans from refrigerator or freezer (do not thaw).
- Remove foil.
- Bake one pan at a time for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- NOTE: You can bake both pans at the same time, but be sure to switch the pans in the over halfway through the baking time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation