Baked Cinnamon French Toast
photo by KELLOGGSreg RICE KR
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk or 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 8 slices French bread (about 1-inch thick, 3- to 4-inches in diameter) or 8 slices Italian bread (about 1-inch thick, 3- to 4-inches in diameter)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2 medium bananas or 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, warmed
- In shallow dish stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to generously coat both sides. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° F about 11 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Turn bread slices. Sprinkle with KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over cereal. Bake at 450° F about 5 minutes more or until light brown.
- Top each slice with some banana slices. Serve with syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As a family favorite for generations, I go hand in hand with making memories. Remember the first time you and your little ones listened to me go Snap, Crackle, Pop® at breakfast? Or all the fun you had mixing me into an ooey-gooey Rice Krispies Treats® recipe? One thing’s for sure – spending time with your kids and the “cereal that talks” sparks meaningful moments you’ll all cherish for years to come.