Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a deli-quality egg salad and one I have made many times in the past to serve a luncheons and buffets and always receive rave reviews! --- for a change of pace this is great stuffed between pita bread with a leaf of lettuce, plan ahead the egg mixture *must* be chilled for several hours or even overnight to blend the flavors, the amounts listed should give you 4 to 5 sandwiches, please add in the olives they are what really makes this recipe! :)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, very soft
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch dill (optional)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup green pimento stuffed olive (do not chop and hand-squeeze out excess moisture)
- seasoning salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste)
- In a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Add eggs, celery, green onion and olives; mix well and season with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce if using.
- Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours (or more, the more time chilled the better!).
- If desired serve on pita bread, using 1/3 to 1/2 cup for each sandwich.
As usual your recipes arE WONDERFUL. Can't go wrong with any of your recipes. Wonderful flavor Thanks for the recipes
Absolutely LOVE this egg salad.
OH YAH!! And I had already planned on using Mayo with Olive Oil. :) So like I said, this is perfect! (Sorry I'm just excited! LOL)