Recipe by sdrn2002
Tasty Ham & Swiss sandwiches that are sure to please!
Top Review by dmac085
Classically good recipe. I used Primadella Tavern Ham & baby swiss. Onion powder & regular yellow mustard as I was out of dijon. Sprinkled the poppy seeds on after brushing & spooning the butter over the rolls. Better distribution, I think. Will go in the permanent rotation.
- 24 slices deli honey-roasted ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (12 count) packagesking's original hawaiian rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1.
- Spread mayo onto 1 side of roll. Place a slice or two of ham and slice of Swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
- Step 2.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Step 3.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Step 4.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.