Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a hearty, delicious, and easy lunch or dinner.
Make and share this King Creole Sausage and Bean Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup cooked long grain white rice, warm
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a large nonstickskillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, celery,garlic, oregano, paprika, onion powder, and bay leaves.
- Saute and stir occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Season with kosher salt (about 1/2 teaspoon is what I use).
- Tranfer mixture to a large saucepan; add beans with liquid.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Clean out skillet; return to the burner and heat over high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the sausage to the bean mixture.
- Add the rice; stir to mix; Take out the bay leaves.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; roll-up/wrap; serve warm.
My family really liked this one--though I had to alter it in favor of on-hand ingredients. I replaced the andouille with smoked sausage, the flour tortillas with corn tortillas, the celery with mushrooms, and the paprika with chili powder and cayenne to taste. It came out smooth and rich, with a nice mellow flavor that worked well with the corn tortillas.