Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another selection from Taste of Home's Casserole Cookbook. This one is submitted by Kathryn Curtis of Lakeport, CA. Can't wait to try this one!
- 2 links kielbasa, fully cooked (about 6 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise; place in a gresed 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until lightly browned.
- Stir in cream, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Pour over sausages; top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 450 for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomato slices.
This was good. I doubled the recipe and it was a little soupy. I also added Italian seasoning. Nice alternative for Kielbasa. I left out the tomatoes as I do not like them. I used swiss cheese instead of cheddar and sprinkled It. seasoning on top of that. Easy and fast weekday dinner.